Several months ago, we were blessed to have Dr Mel Blackaby come to serve as Pastor of First Baptist Church of Jonesboro. As part of the Blackaby family, I knew we were in for some insightful Bible teaching, but it didn't take long to figure out that his messages had profound meaning that my friends in the 'blog world' might benefit from too. For that purpose, and a desire of my own to have all my notes in one place, I decided to start a new blog that contained these messages. There will also be a few things from other speakers that I've heard over time, but those will be noted on the sidebar as they are added. I hope you get as much from these messages as I do!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Wonders of Tomorrow

Joshua 3:1-7

Joshua 3:1-7 - "Early in the morning Joshua and all the Israelites set out from Shittim and went to the Jordan, where they camped before crossing over. After three days the officers went throughout the camp, giving orders to the people: "When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests, who are Levites, carrying it, you are to move out from your positions and follow it. Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before. But keep a distance of about a thousand yards between you and the ark; do not go near it."

Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you."

Joshua said to the priests, "Take up the ark of the covenant and pass on ahead of the people." So they took it up and went ahead of them.

And the LORD said to Joshua, "Today I will begin to exalt you in the eyes of all Israel, so they may know that I am with you as I was with Moses."

***Keep your eyes focused on God's activity.

***If you want to see the wonders of tomorrow, prepare yourself today.

Joshua 3:5 - 'Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you."

Isaiah 55:8-9 - "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."

Jeremiah 33:2-3 - "This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it - the Lord is his name. Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things that you do not know."

Hebrews 2:3 - 'how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation?'

***Everything God does in our life and in our church is thru relationship...not religious activity***

No comments:

Post a Comment